Even our benefits are beyond the norm
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan. While employee benefits are subject to change each year, benefits currently include:
1) Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance - Crane pays for the premiums of all its full-time employees.
2) Group Life & Disability Insurance - Crane pays for a life insurance policy for all its full-time employees, with a coverage amount equal to twice the employee's annual salary.
3) Retirement - After two years of employment, Crane will contribute 5% of the gross salary of all full-time employees to a tax-deferred annuity, and after five years of full-time employment, Crane contributes an additional 2% of gross salary (total 7%) if the employee matches at least 2%.
4) Flexible Spending Account- Crane offers its employees participation in the school's Flexible Spending Account (allowed under Section 125 of the Internal Revenue Code), which allows for an increase in expendable income through payment of the following on a before-tax basis: employee and dependent medical and dental care expenses (including deductibles and co-payments), and qualifying dependent care expenses.
5) Cafeteria Plan - Crane offers its full-time employees an additional Cafeteria Plan benefit which employees may choose to apply toward the tuition of their dependents enrolled at Crane, toward their retirement account, or toward health insurance premiums for their spouse or dependents.
6) Generous faculty enrichment programs - such as the Eldon Boyd Fellowship, eScrip Summer Enrichment Grants, the Lejeune Teaching Fellowship, Dorothy C. Waugh Summer Education Award, and our Sabbatical program, amount to over $120,000 a year in funding. These grants and fellowships are permanently funded to support the ongoing education and relaxation of our Crane teachers and staff.
7) Crane eagerly encourages lifelong learning - the ongoing education of our teaching faculty is supported by a generous Professional Development program.