On Mondays and Fridays, catered Hot Lunch is served by parent volunteers to students, faculty, and staff. All food provided is organic and produce is sourced locally when available. Vegetarian and gluten-free options are always offered. In addition to the main course, an organic salad bar complete with multiple types of green salads, fresh fruits, seasonal items from the Crane gardens, and bagels and cream cheese are provided. The price of hot lunch is billed along with annual tuition costs.
Sample Hot Lunch Menu
- Baked potato bar: pulled chicken, russet potatoes, yams, bacon, broccoli, sour cream
- Chicken enchiladas and pinto beans
- Turkey chili, traditional toppings, roasted carrots, homemade cornbread with maple butter
- Beef bourguignon with roasted vegetables and mashed potatoes
- Lemon chicken with cheese tortellini and roasted cauliflower
- Chicken tostada bar with beans and rice
- Grass-fed ground beef ziti with roasted vegetables
On Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, parents have the option of ordering organic student lunches from Locally Grown Kids, a Santa Barbara-based lunch program that offers a wide-variety of fresh, organic food items. These lunches are delivered to Crane for students to pick up at lunchtime.
Students may also opt to bring a packed lunch on any day of the week.